2010/01/30

Phechem notes- Work

Work- transfer of energy that makes use of organized motion or stimulates uniform motion of atoms in the surroundings.

General Formula:
Equation 1:
Equation 2:


 Popp= opposing pressure
Pext = external pressure

Equation 2 - Work done by a gas doing expansion or compression against an opposing pressure.

Properties of W:
1.
 - inexact differential:
 meaning less symbol since work is a path function.

Therefore:
 2.


integrates to a finite SUM


3.

 4. Sign convention:

  • +, W> 0; dV< 0 (Vf
  • -, W< 0; dV> 0 (Vf>Vi); expansion, W is done by the system
5. Units: J; kJ, cal

Above are such a heavy concept to internalize because my excitement is on the Valentine's Day ideas for girls and women that my collegues are planning to spend this 2010 valentine's day celebration. I am so excited with that coming celebration because it will be a dual celebration, a valentine's day and a chinese new year. I should give myself a break on that day to treat myself after all the hard work being a student, a mom, a wife, and a teacher this early year of 2010.

0 comments:

Post a Comment