Use these choices to answer numbers 1-13: A. Mean B. Median C. Mode D. Standard deviation E. Range
- _____ is the sum of all the given values divided by the number of values.
- _____refers to the value of the middle observation in an ordered distribution.
- The ____ is the item in a distribution with the highest frequency or most number of cases.
- The ___ refers to the difference of the highest and the lowest score.
- The ____ is the most commonly used measure of dispersion.
- The ____ is for interval and ration measurements.
- The ___ is for ordinal or ranked measurements.
- The ____ is for nominal or categorical data
- The most widely used average.
- The ____ is easily affected by extremely large or small values.
- The ____ is easily affected by the number of items in a distribution.
- The ___ is difficult to determine if the given values are not arranged according to magnitude.
- The ____ is rarely used since it does not always exist.
Data: Ages of students 18, 14, 20, 20 Choices: A. 2 B. 18 C. 19 D. 20
_____14. Mean _____15. Median _____16. Mode _____17. Standard Deviation
Ans. 14. B 15. C 16. D 17. A
II. Problem Solving
18-22 Workers A and B opened a savings account . Worker A deposit the money an average of $7000 with a standard deviation of 8000 per month while Worker B deposits an average of $6500 with a standard deviation of 10000 per month. Who is the worker with a stable savings?
Xa= Std. dev./ average*100 = 8000/7000*100= 114%
Xb= Std. dev./average*100= 10000/6500*100= 154 %
Therefore worker A has a stable savings than worker B.
21-32. Repeated sampling procedures were conducted to determine the number of defective bulbs manufactured by a certain company. From the sampling results, determine the spread of the bulbs produced from the average defective bulbs by means of standard deviation.
Bonus but the answer is 162.65
33-44. Determine the value of the following:
- Q1= _____
- P36= ____
- D5= _____
- P55= _____
- D7= _____
- P79= _____
- Q4= _____
- D3= _____
a. repetitions are not allowed.
b. repetitions are allowed.
a. 4x3x2x1= 24
b. 4x4x4x4= 256